Comment 84958

By Mal (anonymous) | Posted January 09, 2013 at 11:56:26

Q: What if I’m not physically able to clear my snow and ice?

A: If you have neighbours or family who are able to shovel ask if they can give you a hand. The City of Hamilton also offers Community Assistance Programs such as Helping Hands and Snow Angels aimed at helping seniors and disabled persons with snow and ice removal. Helping Hands provides a variety of home support services that includes snow shoveling for senior citizens and disabled citizens on a limited income. To contact Helping Hands, please call 905-546-3057. To contact Snow Angels, please call 905-523-1910 or visit them online at Please note that these programs are not responsible for removal of snow and ice within 24 hours of a snowfall; it is the property owners/occupant's responsibility to ensure snow and ice are removed.

Q: Who do I contact if I want to make a complaint about snow and ice that has not been removed after 24 hours of a snowfall?

A: If you would like to register a complaint about the Snow and Ice Removal By-law, please contact the Municipal Law Enforcement Section at 905-546-2782 (Option #1), Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or 905-546-CITY(2489) after business hours.

Permalink | Context

Events Calendar

Recent Articles

Article Archives

Blog Archives

Site Tools