What a waste of time. Look at this heat advisory:
Risk of heat-related illness can be reduced by following these recommendations:
- Stay well hydrated â€“ drinking plain water is best or diluted fruit juice is also good. Avoid drinking alcoholic and caffeinated beverages on hot days.
- When outside, stay in the shade if possible. Protect exposed skin with sunscreen. Wear a broad-rimmed hat and loose-fitting, light clothing. Avoid intense physical activity.
- When inside, keep electric lights turned off, and keep window coverings closed, especially on the sunny side of the home. Make sure pilots for gas fireplaces are turned off for the season.
- Use electric fans, particularly in the evening when they circulate cool air drawn indoors from outside. Do not use fans if they only circulate hot air indoors, or if your windows do not open.
- Never leave a child or pet in a parked car or sleeping outside in direct sunlight or in areas where your child or pet may be affected by extreme heat or direct sunlight.
This is their big plan? Toronto is keeping pools open late tonight. We're telling residents to stay cool and drink water.
You must be logged in to comment.
There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?