Candidates describe the five most important actions they would take to improve Hamilton.
By RTH Staff
Published October 20, 2006
1. Fight for an open, transparent and accountable city government, we need to create two new independent positions:
2. We need to attracting high tech jobs in research and development, as well as the manufacturing sector through creative and pro-active economic development.
3. We need to control spending by creating a municipal auditor general to assist in finding efficiencies and value for dollars spent to assist in lowering taxes.
4. We need to develop a lobbyist registry to ensure that councillors and the public know who is lobbying for which companies.
5. Improving transit across the city and especially in Stoney Creek where residents pay full area rating for bus service yet receive less than adequate service.
You must be logged in to comment.